Publishing in an RSC journal? Maximize Readership With Gold Open Access
- The UC Davis Library is partnering with the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) to support free Gold Open Access publishing under the RSC’s Gold for Gold initiative.
- This program offers a limited number of voucher codes that enable UC Davis researchers to publish their paper in Royal Society of Chemistry journals free of charge, as a Gold Open Access (OA) article, without paying the normal article publication fee (between £1000 and £2500).
Benefits of Gold OA publishing
- Gold Open Access publishing makes electronic versions of papers accessible to readers for free – without any subscriptions or fees.
- Removing paywall barriers may increase the visibility of research findings since works are easier to disseminate, easier to find, and easier to read. Further details about RSC journals and Open Access are available here.
You are eligible if
- You are currently affiliated with UC Davis (faculty, student, staff) and
- Your article is new and has been accepted for publication by RSC (i.e., vouchers cannot be used for articles that have already been published) and
- You have not previously received a Gold for Gold voucher from the UC Davis Library
Get your voucher code
- After your article has been accepted for publication by an RSC journal, please complete the form at http://goo.gl/rRjNJ to request your Gold for Gold voucher code. It will be emailed to you once your eligibility has been verified.
- Once you have your voucher code, complete the online RSC Gold for Gold Application form to make your article open access
- Due to limited numbers, the Library will distribute the voucher codes on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Voucher codes are provided only after your article has been accepted for publication
- Voucher codes must be used before December 31, 2013
- Please contact Mary Wood, Reference Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or Cory Craig, Chemistry Librarian: email@example.com