As of June 13, 2016 the Library’s web VPN will no longer be available. You will need to download a new VPN Client called Pulse Secure.
This change will allow improved searching within many of our databases and automatic retrieval of article pdfs when using the EndNote “Find full-text feature.”
If you already use the Library Client VPN, it should automatically upgrade to the new version on or after June 13, 2016. No further action is required.
If you currently use the Web VPN, you will need to follow the steps below to install the new Client VPN Pulse Secure.
- Go to the library’s website: https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/
- Select the Connect From Off Campus link- located on the left side page: (https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/ul/services/connect/)
- Look for “Web-VPN” and click the link that says “Install the new VPN Client (Pulse Secure).” The direct link is: https://www.lib.ucdavis.edu/ul/services/connect/#client
- Find instructions for your device under- VPN Client for Desktops and Notebooks: Installation & Use or VPN App for Mobile Devices: Installation & Use (screen shots below)
- Follow the instructions provided.
Now you are ready to access the library’s resources from off campus.
If you want to discuss this change with a librarian, contact:
Blaisdell Medical Library | firstname.lastname@example.org | (916) 734-3529
Carlson Health Sciences Library | email@example.com | (530) 752-7042