This is a press release from STAT!Ref detailing their new feature of providing email alerts on new evidence in a number of specialty areas. All UCD faculty, staff, and students are eligible to sign up for this service.
The link for UC Davis to STAT!Ref is: http://uclibs.org/PID/22372
After you login choose the “Home” tab to access this feature.
The STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system provides e-mail delivery and access to evidence-based medicine (EBM) information from current research of over 130 premier clinical journals. The STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system works with McMaster University (McMaster PLUS) delivering pre-rated EBM alerts that are qualified, then rated for clinical relevance and newsworthiness by a panel of practicing physicians.
STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts offer a range of healthcare disciplines that can be chosen delivering relevant and meaningful EBM information focused on your healthcare interests, helping with your clinical decisions.
For a full listing of the features of STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts, journals reviewed, and to learn about how you can sign up for alerts, please visit our website: STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts or view our recently recorded Webinar with Dr. Brian Haynes from McMaster University: EBM Webinar
Here are the most recent updates in all three Alert categories:
* 7/6/2010 – Chlorhexidine vaginal and infant wipes to reduce perinatal mortality and morbidity: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Jun;115(6):1225-32.
* 7/6/2010 – Supported employment: randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry. 2010 May;196(5):404-11.
* 7/6/2010 – A liver stiffness measurement-based, noninvasive prediction model for high-risk esophageal varices in B-viral liver cirrhosis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Jun;105(6):1382-90. Epub 2010 Jan 19.
* 7/6/2010 – Predicting functional outcome after stroke by modelling baseline clinical and CT variables. Age Ageing. 2010 May;39(3):360-6. Epub 2010 Mar 15.
* 7/6/2010 – Bleeding Complications With Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Among Patients With Stable Vascular Disease or Risk Factors for Vascular Disease. Results From the Clopidogrel for High Atherothrombotic Risk and Ischemic Stabilization, Management, and Avoidance (CHARISMA) Trial. Circulation. 2010 Jun 1.
* 7/6/2010 – Health-related quality of life, treatment satisfaction, and costs associated with intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin administration in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2010 Jun;33(6):1169-72. Epub 2010 Feb 25.
* 7/3/2010 – Impact of an informed choice invitation on uptake of screening for diabetes in primary care (DICISION): randomised trial. BMJ. 2010 May 13;340:c2138. doi: 10.1136/bmj.c2138.
* 7/3/2010 – Glycated haemoglobin A1c for diagnosing diabetes in Chinese population: cross sectional epidemiological survey. BMJ. 2010 May 17;340:c2249. doi: 10.1136/bmj.c2249.
* 7/3/2010 – Efficacy of corticosteroids in community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized double-blinded clinical trial. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010 May 1;181(9):975-82. Epub 2010 Feb 4.
* 7/3/2010 – Primary angioplasty versus thrombolysis for acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: an economic analysis of the National Infarct Angioplasty project. Heart. 2010 May;96(9):668-72. Epub 2009 Jun 8.
* 7/6/2010 – Predicting functional outcome after stroke by modelling baseline clinical and CT variables. Age Ageing. 2010 May;39(3):360-6. Epub 2010 Mar 15. 7/3/2010 – Conservative management of lumbar disc herniation with associated radiculopathy: a systematic review. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010 May 15;35(11):E488-504.
* 7/1/2010 – Robot-Assisted Therapy for Long-Term Upper-Limb Impairment after Stroke. N Engl J Med. 2010 Apr 16.
* 7/1/2010 – A multidisciplinary group programme in rural settings for community-dwelling chronic stroke survivors and their carers: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Clin Rehabil. 2010 Apr;24(4):328-41. Epub 2010 Feb 22.
* 7/1/2010 – Is a behavioral graded activity program more effective than manual therapy in patients with subacute neck pain? Results of a randomized clinical trial. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010 May 1;35(10):1017-24.