July 24th, 2009 by Robert Heyer-Gray
Announcing Two New Series from Morgan & Claypool Publishers:
Series Editor: Martyn Amos, Manchester Metropolitan University
Published and forthcoming titles include:
- Genome Refactoring (Natalie Kuldell and Neal Lerner, MIT)
- Bacterial Sensors: Synthetic Design and Application Principles (Jan Roelof van der Meer)
Series Editor: Robert Grossman, University of Illinois at Chicago
Published and forthcoming titles include:
- Modeling and Data Mining in Blogosphere (Nitin Agarwal, University of Arkansas at Little Rock & Huan Liu, Arizona State University)
- Ensemble Methods in Data Mining: From Trees to Forests and Rule Sets (Giovanni Seni and John Elder)
- Graph Mining: Laws, Tools, and Case Studies (Deepayan Chakrabarti and Christos Faloutsos)
July 21st, 2009 by Robert Heyer-Gray
Coverage of AIAA Meeting Papers via the AIAA Electronic Library now 1963 -> Present
UC Davis now has access to the entire span of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Meeting papers, covering all aspects of aerospace science and engineering. The papers can be searched via the AIAA Electronic Library.
Additionally, The AIAA Electronic Library searches AIAA Books, Journals, and Standards and also provides online access to the five other AIAA publications to which we subscribe:
AIAA Journal – v.40 (2002) -> present
Journal of Aircraft – v.39 (2002) -> present
Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics – v.26 (2003) -> present
Journal of Propulsion and Power – v.18 (2002) -> present
Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets – v.39 (2002) -> present
Older print volumes of these journals can be found in the PSE Library by searching the library catalog Harvest by the title of the journals.
July 15th, 2009 by Robert Heyer-Gray
ICE Virtual Library
UC Davis now has full access to the proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) via the ICE Virtual Library. ICE’s Virtual Library gives full text access to technical papers from the UK’s premier Civil Engineering society from 1836 to the present day. The archive can either be searched: http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/search/advancedsearch
or the titles can be browsed:
July 14th, 2009 by Robert Heyer-Gray
Synthesis Update for June 2009
The following new titles were published in June:
- Developing Embedded Software using DaVinci and OMAP Technology by B.I. Pawate, Texas Instruments (Digital Circuits & Systems Series)
- Embedded Systems Interfacing for Engineers using the Freescale HCS08 Microcontroller: Machine Language Programming by Douglas Summerville, SUNY Binghamton (Digital Circuits & Systems Series)
- Introduction to Semi-Supervised Learning by Xiaojin Zhu and Andrew Goldberg, University of Wisconsin (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Series)
- Markov Logic: An Interface Layer for Artificial Intelligence by Pedro Domingos and Daniel Lowd, University of Washington (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Series)
- The Memory System: You Can’t Avoid It, You Can’t Ignore It, You Can’t Fake It by Bruce Jacob, University of Maryland (Computer Architecture Series)
- Tissue Engineering of Temporomandibular Joint Cartilage by K.A. Athanasiou, University of California, Davis (Tissue Engineering Series)
- XML Retrieval by Mounia Lalmas, University of Glasgow (Information Concepts, Retrieval, and Services Series)
July 9th, 2009 by Karen Andrews
Beginning august 3, 2009, the Shields Library reserves unit staff will accept course materials on Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. This is being done to maximize staffing efficiencies.
Instructors are encouraged to make use of Smartsite for internet-based titles.
To ensure that course reserves titles are available to students by the first day of classes, reserves lists must be received by the shields library reserves staff by the last Friday of:
• August for fall quarter
• November for winter quarter
• February for spring quarter
• May for summer session
Reserves lists received after the deadline may take up to two weeks to process due to peak workload constraints at the beginning of the quarter and the delays involved in retrieving loaned material.
July 7th, 2009 by
The General Library is soliciting comments from the campus community about library collections and services in a section called “inside the library”. There is also a new blog where you can leave comments about these broad areas, or about the library in general. We want to know what users of the library think!
July 2nd, 2009 by
Did you know that as U.C. Davis staff you have access to the books, journals, databases and other electronic resources available through the University Library? Discover how to use our print materials and electronic resources, and get access from your home or office. Learn how to search our catalog and databases (a sample database will be demonstrated). For more information contact Sandra Vella at email@example.com. Registration is required: you can register here.
- Thu Jul 23 10:00am-11:00am Library Instruction Lab (Shields Library)
- Wed Aug 5 10:00am-11:00am Library Instruction Lab (Shields Library)
- Mon Aug 10 10:00am-11:00am Library Instruction Lab (Shields Library)