Negotiations continue with the Nature Publishing Group. Read the official story here.
- BioAg Sciences
- Health Sciences Libraries
- H/SS & Gov Info Services
- Map Collection
- Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
- Scholarly Communication
- Science Libraries
- Special Collections
- Suggestions and Comments
Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
UC Davis has 2 methods of accessing SciFinder from off-campus:
1) Proxy server: is working, this is the only option for off-campus access until the VPN issue is resolved. See: Instructions for using the proxy server
2) VPN: we have temporarily lost access via the VPN. The reason is believed to be a change in the programming by SciFinder. The problem has been reported and SciFinder is working on a solution.
Beginning August 18th, Engineering Village customers subscribing to Compendex will be able to see the Scopus Cited By counts in their Compendex abstracts. EV users will immediately see how many times a particular article has been cited from more than 18,000 titles covered within Scopus. This feature gives users an indicator of scientific value for a particular article. Even if an EV user is not subscribed to Scopus, they will see the cited by count and view the citation lists in Scopus with limited access to other functionalities.
In a search results set, the Cited by link appears to the right of the Abstract, Detailed Abstract and/or Full-Text view. When viewing an abstract, the Cited by information appears to the right of the abstract information, as shown below:
Synthesis Digital Library Update for July 2010
The following new titles were published in July:
- The Complexity of Noise: A Philosophical Outlook on Quantum Error Correction by Amit Hagar, University of Indiana (Quantum Computing Series)
- Fundamentals of Biomedical Transport Processes by Gerald Miller, Virginia Commonwealth University (Biomedical Engineering Series)
- Introduction to Embedded Systems: Using ANSI C and the Arduino Development Environment by David Russell, University of Nebraska (Digital Circuits & Systems Series)
- Lectures on Financial Mathematics: Discrete Asset Pricing by Greg Anderson, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Alec Kercheval, Florida State University (Mathematics & Statistics Series)
- Regenerative Dentistry by Mona Marei, et al., University of Alexandria, Egypt (Tissue Engineering Series)
AMS Research Journals Archive is Digitized
The American Mathematical Society (AMS) has established a complete digital archive of its mathematical research journals. Over 34,000 articles are available from over 100 years of high-quality mathematical research in ‘Journal of the AMS,’ ‘Mathematics of Computation,’ ‘Proceedings of the AMS,’ ‘Transactions of the AMS,’ and ‘Bulletin of the AMS.’ All back issues, starting with each journal’s inaugural issue through 2005, are now freely available in electronic format.
Researchers can browse the contents of each journal to find articles and authors in each volume and issue, and can search across the entire archive by journal or group of journals at: http://www.ams.org/joursearch/. View the abstract, references (with links to MathSciNet), bibliographic information, Mathematics Subject Classifications for each article, or view a PDF of the full article.
The AMS makes the digitized archive of these important research journals freely available to all mathematicians through the generosity of an anonymous donor.
UC Davis also subscribes to the all of the core AMS journals online, so that all content through the most current issue from the 5 aforementioned titles are all available to UC Davis researchers.