January 13th, 2011 by
Access to the AAPG Datapages produced by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists is now available to the UC Davis community. This online subscription is provided through the AAPG Foundation Digital Products Fund
through an endowment established by William A. Monroe (M.S. UC Davis, 1965) in honor of Dr. Thomas W. Todd and Dr. Cordell Durrell.
The AAPG Datapages provide searching and access to the full-text of publications of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and related publications. These include: AAPG Bulletin, AAPG Special Volumes, Journal of Petroleum Geology, and Journal of Sedimentary Research.
January 12th, 2011 by Robert Heyer-Gray
Synthesis Digital Library Update for December 2010
The following new titles were published in December:
- Bacterial Sensors: Synthetic Design and Application Principles by Jan Roelof van der Meer, University of Lausanne, Switzerland (Synthetic Biology Series)
- Deformable Surface 3D Reconstruction from Monocular Images by Mathieu Salzmann, Toyota Technological Institute of Chicago and Pascal Fua, EPFL Switzerland (Computer Vision Series)
- Fundamentals of Object Databases: Object-Oriented and Object-Relational Design by Suzanne Dietrich, Arizona State University and Susan Urban, Texas Tech University (Data Management Series)
- Geometric Programming for Design and Cost Optimization, Second Edition by Robert Creese, West Virginia University (Engineering Series)
- Processor Microarchitecture: An Implementation Perspective by Antonio Gonzalez, Intel and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain (Computer Architecture Series)
- Search-Based Applications: At the Confluence of Search and Database Technologies by Gregory Grefenstette and Laura Wilber, Exalead, S.A. (Information Concepts, Retrieval, and Services Series)
- Speech Enhancement in the Karhunen-Loeve Expansion Domain by Jacob Benesty, INRS-EMT, University of Quebec (Speech & Audio Processing Series)
- Tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico: A Call for a New Engineering Ethic by George Catalano, SUNY Binghamton (Engineers, Technology, & Society Series)