The transformer was replaced on Friday night, thanks to the dedication and hard work of a Facilities crew. The PSE Library is open today with all services available.
- BioAg Sciences
- Health Sciences Libraries
- H/SS & Gov Info Services
- Map Collection
- Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
- Scholarly Communication
- Science Libraries
- Special Collections
- Suggestions and Comments
Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
The Physical Sciences & Engineering Library is unexpectedly CLOSED Friday, April 15 due to a malfunctioning transformer in the building. We are also closed tomorrow, Saturday, for Picnic Day.
We will update as soon as repair status is known and we can reopen. It is currently uncertain if we will be open on Sunday or not.
Shields Library is open and can provide assistance while the PSE Library is closed.
Synthesis Digital Library Update for March 2011
The following new titles were published in March:
- Algorithms and Software for Predictive and Perceptual Modeling of Speech by Venkatrman Atti, Verance Corporation (Algorithms & Software in Engineering Series)
- Dynamic Binary Modification: Tools, Techniques, and Applications by Kim Hazelwood, University of Virginia (Computer Architecture Series)
- Fin Shape Thermal Optimization Using Bejan’s Constructal Theory by Giulio Lorenzini, University of Parma, Italy (General Engineering Series)
- A Perspective on Single-Channel Frequency-Domain Speech Enhancement by Jacob Benesty, University of Quebec, INRS-EMT (Speech & Audio Processing Series)
- Probabilistic Ranking Techniques in Relational Databases by Ihab F. Ilyas, University of Waterloo (Data Management Series)
- Quantum Computing for Computer Architects, Second Edition by Tzvetan Metodi, The Aerospace Corp, Arvin Faruque and Frederic Chong, University of California, Santa Barbara (Computer Architecture Series)
The ACM Digital Library, which the UC Davis libraries subscribes to, has two new features:
- There is now a Table of Contents (TOC) service for all publications – from ACM and other publishers. This newly expanded option alerts you via email and RSS feeds to new issues of journals, magazines, newsletters, and proceedings that have been posted to the DL.
- The new “binders” feature — you can now create customized collections of articles, and store them in a newly redesigned binder format for easy access. You can also share these collections and export them into standard authoring tools or save them in PDF format, and binder bibliographic information can be exported using standard formats, enabling users to generate stored bibliographies in BibTeX, EndNote, and ACMRef.
Read more about the features here. To use either of these features, you must first create a free personal web account for the ACM Digital Library (this is separate from your campus account or any other accounts). And remember that to access the Digital Library and other databases from off-campus, you must first log in to the VPN with your Kerberos account.
Questions about this or any other aspect of the Digital Library? Contact Phoebe Ayers, Computer Science librarian, at email@example.com.
The client version of SciFinder will be discontinued by CAS (Chemical Abstracts Service) on June 30, 2011. After that, you will need to use the Web version of SciFinder.
SciFinder Web requires a one-time registration and creation of a username/password. You’ll need to login with this information each time you use SciFinder Web. If you had a SciFinder account at another institution, you will need to re-register with a new username.
1. Go to the UC SciFinder website (http://www.cdlib.org/services/collections/scifinder/index.html) and under “New User?” select Davis (UCD).
2. Review the instructions for creating the username/password, then click the registration link at the end of the page. You must register with your “ucdavis.edu” email account.
3. When you receive your confirmation email (check your spam folder if it’s not in your inbox), click the link in the message to complete the registration.
To login to SciFinder, go to https://scifinder.cas.org/