Curious about the new books added by PSE this Fiscal Year? The New Books list will be updated monthly and posted to the blog near the end of each month. The most recent PSE New Books list dated 04/29/13 is now available.
- BioAg Sciences
- Health Sciences Libraries
- H/SS & Gov Info Services
- Map Collection
- Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
- Scholarly Communication
- Science Libraries
- Special Collections
- Suggestions and Comments
Physical Sciences & Engineering Library
Synthesis Digital Library Update for March, 2013
The following titles were published in March.
- Adaptive Interaction: A Utility Maximization Approach to Understanding Human Interaction with Technology, by Stephen J. Payne (Department of Computer Science, University of Bath, UK) and Andrew Howes (School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham, UK).
(Human-Centered Informatics Series)
- The Engineering Design Challenge: A Unique Opportunity, by Charles W. Dolan (University of Wyoming).
- A Handbook for Analytical Writing: Keys to Strategic Thinking, by William E. Winner (Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources, North Carolina State University).
(Professionalism and Career Advancement for Scientists and Engineers Series)
- The Making of Green Engineers: Sustainable Development and the Hybrid Imagination, by Andrew Jamison (Aalborg University, Denmark).
- Modeling Bipolar Power Semiconductor Devices, by Tanya K. Gachovska (University of Nebraska), Jerry L. Hudgins (University of Nebraska), Enrico Santi (University of South Carolina), Angus Bryant (University of Cambridge and University of Warwick, UK), and Patrick R. Palmer (University of Cambridge, UK).
(Power Electronics Series)
- Patient-Centered Design of Cognitive Assistive Technology for Traumatic Brain Injury Telerehabilitation, by Elliot Cole (The Institute for Cognitive Prosthetics).
(Assistive, Rehabilitative, and Health-Preserving Technologies Series)
The websites will be unavailable for no more than 12 hours starting at 1 PM PDT on Saturday 13th April 2013. During this time, due to the nature of the work we cannot show a maintenance note so anyone trying to access the site will get a “Site not found” or similar message.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your website users.
As of 4/3/13, 7am: Access to RSC Journals is restored.
As of 4/2/13: UC Davis is experiencing access problems with some articles in some RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) journals. RSC is currently working on the problem, we hope to have access restored soon.
Synthesis Digital Library Update for February, 2013
The following titles were published in February.
- Informing Chemical Engineering Decisions with Data, Research, and Government Resources, by Patricia Elaine Kirkwood and Necia T. Parker-Gibson (University of Arkansas).
(Chemical Engineering and Biochemical Engineering Series)
- Engineers Engaging Community: Water and Energy, by Carolyn Oldham (The University of Western Australia), Gregory Crebbin (Murdoch University, Australia), Stephen Dobbs (The University of Western Australia), and Andrea Gaynor (The University of Western Australia).
(Engineers, Technology and Society Series)
- Key Issues Regarding Digital Libraries: Evaluation and Integration, by Rao Shen (Yahoo!), Marcos Andre Goncalves (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil), and Edward A. Fox (Virginia Tech).
(Information Concepts, Retrieval, and Services Series)
- Aaron Swartz’s A Programmable Web: An Unfinished Work, by Aaron Swartz.
(Semantic Web Series)