Open Access Week 2013 Kick Off Event at the World Bank:
Monday, October 21, 2013
video recording now available
Sponsored by SPARC (The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition) and the World Bank.
The presentation will be about Article Level Metrics (ALM’s) and changing the way scholarly communication is measured.
- *Heather Joseph, Executive Director of SPARC.
- *Dr. Stefano Bertuzzi, Executive Director of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
- *Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer for the National Endowment for the Humanities
- *Dr. Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communication of the Modern Language Association
- *Dr. Cameron Neylon, Advocacy Director for Public Library of Science
- *Dr. Michael Stebbins, Assistant Director for Biotechnology in the Science Division of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
The kickoff event will take place at the World Bank. A LiveBlog and webcast of the panel discussion and ceremony will be available for those who cannot attend in person.
Following a panel discussion, winners of the new Accelerating Science Award Program (ASAP) will be announced. The ASAP Program recognizes those who have built upon Open Access scientific research for new innovations shaping our society.
The World Bank was named a SPARC Innovator for implementation of a new open access policy. It launched the World Bank Open Knowledge Repository (OKR) in 2012 and opened its data to the public in 2010.
For more information about Open Access Week, see the OA @ UC Davis guide.